We’re a contemporary jazz festival and we champion artists playing original work – especially those living and working in the north west of England.
We are brave in our programming, constantly on the lookout for up and coming talent and often give a platform to new and surprising music.
mjf was the first festival to pioneer an open artists’ submission system and this still informs our programme today.
mjf gives priority to:
- contemporary jazz and jazz-related music
- artists based in the north west of England
- new and/or original work
- artists showcasing unusual or unique work
- artists who help us present a diverse, fully representative programme
- music suitable for outdoor stages or unusual settings
- small acoustic ensembles
Artist submissions are not currently open. Sign up here to hear about the latest opportunities for artists.