WHAT IS INVOLVED?
On mjf soundcheck, artists will:
- Be paired with a mentor from our mjf hothouse programme for three one-hour sessions. This mentor offers musical, personal and professional support, as well as insights into how they progressed their musical careers.
- Be paired with an industry professional who can offer inspiration and guidance tailored to your journey. Previous rounds included David Agnew (Artistic Director at The Met in Bury, Manchester Folk Festival), Steve Lawson (internationally renowned bassist), Graham McKenzie (Artistic Director of Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival) Clare Morel (Session Vocalist and Community Musician), Ed Kainyek (the founder of Manchester’s jam night scene).
- Meet one-to-one with mjf Artistic Director Steve Mead, to explore new music, receive a personalised playlist and delve into what makes your music unique.
- Form lasting relationships with the mjf team, industry professionals and the other musicians.
- Receive feedback on the music you create over the programme at our showcase, at which everyone you’ve met along the way will be present!
Applications for mjf soundcheck are currently closed. Sign up to our newsletter here to be the first to know when applications reopen.
mjf soundcheck is supported by funding from Arts Council England and Greater Manchester Combined Authority. mjf is a PRS Foundation Talent Development Partner in association with Youth Music.