We have yet another selection of bold, contemporary and diverse artists presented by Manchester promoters NQ Jazz, in partnership with mjf!
NQ Jazz will host three gigs at the well-loved, intimate venue in north Manchester: The Yard.
- Donovan Haffner- Monday 22nd May, 7.30pm*, £14.00 (full)
- A young artist who very much embodies the current generation of emerging UK jazz talent, Donovan Haffner makes his hotly-awaited debut Manchester appearance at this year’s jazz festival having already raised the roof at Love Supreme, Ronnie Scott’s, We Out Here and many more over the last 2 years.
- Alina Bzhezhinska’s HipHarp Collective ft. Tony Kofi – Tuesday 23rd May 7.30pm*, £14.00 (full)
- Alina Bzhezhinska is a one-woman powerhouse, on a mission to bring the harp to the fore of contemporary sound – a sound that can penetrate any size venue, any genre, any generation, and any musical taste; drawing as much from 90s Triphop and Afrobeat as jazz greats Dorothy Ashby and Alice Coltrane. There’s no limit to where Alina’s music can go!
- Nathaniel Facey Trio – Wednesday 24th May 7.30pm*, £14.00 (full)
- One of the UK’s most exciting saxophonists, Nathaniel Facey is a prominent figure on the European jazz scene, with a truly unique sound full of ferocious passion and lyrical mastery. This fire-breathing trio of long-term collaborators play with a deep sense of adventure & connection that sets the imagination alight.
Click on each artist to discover more and hit the link HERE to get your tickets!
*This is the start time of each performance. Doors will open 45 minutes prior to each concert.